How can I migrate mailboxes after changing hierarchy separator?

Popkornium18 mail at popkornium18.de
Wed Mar 17 19:59:26 EET 2021

Hi,

I had a common problem (folders can't contain dots) and the obvious
solution seems to be changing the hierarchy separator and using the
listescape plugin.

My question is: Do I need to take any extra steps after changing the
separator to migrate my existing mailboxes? If so, which?

I tried just simply renaming the folders and doing a `doveadm
force-resync` but that did not work as intended. Afterwards I wasn't
able to subscribe to any of my folders, so I guess that isn't the way to go.

Kind regards
Simon