feature request: maintain folder structure with expunged email

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Mon Mar 22 12:59:43 EET 2021

Hi this lazy_expunge is indeed the functionality I am looking for.  First I thought I could use the dovecot purge for this (by just not running it). But it is just not suited for it.

I am looking for a way: to allow to recover accidentally deleted emails (+folder structure) quickly, without the necessity of restoring them from backup. I think it is good to keep such an option.

Does this lazy_expunge take into account the moving of messages between namespaces? Currently you have a copy + delete action and these messages I do not want to have in the laze_expunge.