Mass Stripping Attachments by Directory, Age, Size

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:39:02 EEST 2021

Still can't find the magic solution to this.

- My PERL isn't good enough to re-purpose strip-attachments.pl so it works on individual emails.
- ripmime works to extract attachments only
- altermime looked good and would delete all attachments from a directory of emails. However it messed up the structure somehow so they wouldn't display in an email client (Thunderbird, Roundcube).
- mimeDEFANG looked possible, but couldn't figure out how to use that as a standalone script.
- PHP solutions including the promising https://github.com/php-mime-mail-parser/php-mime-mail-parser seem only to be able to save attachments from the email, not delete it.

I'll keep going I guess. I can't believe I'm the only person in the world to want to do this though ...

P.