Dovecot v2.3.17 released

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Thu Nov 4 09:16:31 UTC 2021

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021, Rupert Gallagher wrote:

> Please convert all source code to ASCII. If it fails to compile, then it may
> have a trojan hiding in Unicode clothing.

Did you check yourself?

The only source code files which contain non-7-bit-ASCII characters are
1. src/lib-storage/list/mailbox-list-index-status.c
  * Opportunistic function to see ïf we can extract guid from mailbox path */

i.e. in a /* comment */, and it's 8-bit ASCII not even UTF-anything.

2. src/lib-mail/test-qp-encoder.c
which defines binary data.

I don't think any C compiler allows Unicode in the code itself (instructions,
variables names, etc.)

Cheers.