auth-cache on disk?

William Edwards wedwards at cyberfusion.nl
Sun Nov 7 12:06:07 UTC 2021

Przemysław Kwiatkowski schreef op 2021-11-07 11:31:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I understand - auth cache it stored in memory, isn't it? Is
> there a way for it to survive Dovecot restart?

A second-level cache next to SHM would require the data to be dumped on
and read from disk at start time. I'm not sure what the security
implications of that would be.

Anyway, what are you trying achieve? Are you seeing performance issues
with user authentication when restarting? The fact that is option is
(AFAIK) not available indicates that this isn't a problem for other
users.

--
With kind regards,

William Edwards