ZFS storage and backup

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Sun Nov 14 14:22:45 UTC 2021

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 03:14:44PM +0100, infoomatic wrote:
> I am about to migrate our mailservices to FreeBSD + ZFS. Thus, before
> entering the sheer endless  stage of performance testing, I thought I
> would ask here kindly for all kinds of information.
>
> [..]
>
> *) storages: any infos on ZFS options [..]

In addition to FreeBSD's excellent handbook, plus of course man-pages,
you may find the following helpful:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/05/zfs-101-understanding-zfs-storage-and-performance/

and

https://jrs-s.net/category/open-source/zfs/

especially

https://jrs-s.net/2015/02/06/zfs-you-should-use-mirror-vdevs-not-raidz/

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.