/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: No such file or directory

dovecot at ptld.com dovecot at ptld.com
Mon Nov 22 14:30:09 UTC 2021

> On 11-22-2021 5:11 am, Brent Clark wrote:
> dovecot: imap-login: Error: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed: No such file or directory
>
> With a bit of googling, I tried the suggestions of:
> https://forum.iredmail.org/post67042.html#p67042
> https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5343

Those suggested fixes you found have to do with permissions, but in your case the error is file not found. I would go that direction in trouble shooting. Off the top of my head two things that could hide files from processes are SELINUX and CHROOT. (https://wiki.dovecot.org/Chrooting) But no idea if either of those have to do with your issue.