Create a separated mailbox for archived mails

Claudio Corvino ccorvino at trustitalia.it
Fri Oct 22 18:28:59 EEST 2021

Hi Sami,

I just configured on my test environment (with two Dovecot in replica in
geographical different branches) this namespace and it seems to works:

/namespace archive {//
//  disabled = no//
//  hidden = no//
//  inbox = no//
//  list = yes//
//  location = maildir:/mnt/mail-storage-archivio/%u-archivio//
//  subscriptions = yes//
//  prefix = Archives.//
//  separator =//
//}/

Thanks!

On 20/10/21 16:49, Sami Ketola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can choose what ever storage driver you want. Sdbox was there just
> as an example that you can have separate storage driver from your
> mail_location storage driver.
>
> Also this way ARCHIVE shows as normal folder structure under
> Thunderbird as long as your users subscribe to the folders.
> Which you can also force with subscribe = auto
>
> Sami
>
>> On 20. Oct 2021, at 17.36, Claudio Corvino <ccorvino at trustitalia.it
>> <mailto:ccorvino at trustitalia.it>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sami,
>>
>> thanks for your answer!
>>
>> Why should I use sdbox?
>>
>> If I configure the archive location on a NFS mountpoint and I move
>> mails older than 5 years to the "archive", how can I tell client like
>> Thunderbird where to find archived e-mails?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On 20/10/21 15:37, Sami Ketola wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You should be able to configure something like this:
>>>
>>> namespace archive {
>>> disabled = no
>>> hidden = no
>>> list = yes