100 MB RAM per clinet in an imap-proxy setup ...

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Sep 3 09:35:07 EEST 2021

Hi All,

I spent some quality time yesterday, tuning dovecot on a server which serves as an imap-proxy in front of a zimbra setup
the imap proxy does ldap client-cert authentication and works well.

BUT

I found that the imap-login processes seem to gain 100 MB per connection they are accepting ... this seems pretty hefty.

It does not seem to be a leak, since the setup is stable when client_limit and process_limit are set appropriately.

Any ideas what part of the code I should be looking at ? Or is this a configuration problem ?

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902