How can I always send a vacation response with sieve?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Sat Sep 4 23:28:55 EEST 2021

I don't want dovecot to wait X days before sending out another vacation
response. However, setting the :days to "0" doesn't work.

RFC https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5230.html#section-4.1 says:

4.1.  Days Parameter

    The ":days" argument is used to specify the period in which addresses
    are kept and are not responded to, and is always specified in days.
    The minimum value used for this parameter is normally 1.  Sites MAY
    define a different minimum value as long as the minimum is greater
    than 0.  Sites MAY also define a maximum days value, which MUST be
    greater than 7, and SHOULD be greater than 30.

    If ":days" is omitted, the default value is either 7 or the minimum
    value (as defined above), whichever is greater.

    If the parameter given to ":days" is less than the minimum value,
    then the minimum value is used instead.

    If ":days" exceeds the site-defined maximum, the site-defined maximum
    is used instead.

Sorry if this is more of a sieve question and is slightly off topic.