SSL errors after certificate renewal

Amol Kulkarni amolk112k at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:25:23 EEST 2021

Hello,

After I replaced my certificate with a new one yesterday, I'm seeing some
ssl related errors. There are successful pop/imap logins using SSL also. So
I think the certificate in itself is fine. No user has complained as yet,
so I don't know for sure. However the count of errors has surely increased
after installing the new certificate.
There are 2 errors seen :
dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 1 secs): user=<>,
rip=, lip
=, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094416:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate unknown: SSL alert number
46, session=<9m0AnVnL
2pHf4hso>

dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>,
rip=, lip
=, TLS: SSL_read() failed: error:14094412:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate: SSL alert number 42,
session=<ww/b6VfLmeR7yTog>

Kindly help with some pointers.

Thanks and Regards,
Amol