Problem with the dovecot-fts-xapian package.

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Sun Sep 12 17:28:19 EEST 2021

@Bob : The package has been recompiled against the new version of
Dovecot. Hope it works now

@Aki : It would be nice to have all plugins included in the source code
for major releases (with a simple rule that non-maintained packages are
removed), including Pigeonhole, FTS plugins, and many other existing
plugins from all over the world

On 2021-09-12 13:54, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> On 12/09/2021 15:12 Bob Marcan <bob.marcan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 11:36:46 +0100
> Joan Moreau <jom at grosjo.net> wrote:
>
> This is where I am for now :
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=34417
>
> Probably, I should wait for Fedora batch programs to push that into
> main rep
>
> On 2021-09-12 11:18, Joan Moreau wrote:
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> I am trying to achieve that.
>
> But do you know the process of pushing an update as a maintainer, in >
> fedore repositories ?
>
> Thank you
>
> On 2021-09-12 11:02, Bob Marcan wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:45:35 +0100
> Joan Moreau <jom at grosjo.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you for notice.
>
> What is the process to rebuild the package with recent dovecot, as  >
> (instead of existing 1.4.12-1) ?
> There are no (yet)  1.4.12-2 in updates-testing or >
> updates-testing-modular repository.
> Should i'll wait for update?
> BR, Bob

Got the new version and there is no more API mismatch.
It's not so important for me, since i'm retired and i'm running this on
my home computer.
But i think it needs more support from te dovecot group.
There a lot file protection issues nad lack of documentation on dovecot
side.

BR, Bob
Hi Bob,

Dovecot does not maintain either the packages for fedora. These are
maintained by Fedora Project. Also we do not maintain or document the
dovecot-fts-xapian plugin, since it's 3rd party plugin. It's maintained
by Joan Moreau.

Kind regards,
Aki