Dovecot sieve filters

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Sun Sep 19 18:57:45 EEST 2021

Den 19.09.2021 16:37, skrev Gedalya:
> On 9/19/21 21:24, j.emerlik wrote:
>> Error: sieve: report-ham: line 1: the envelope extension cannot be used in this context (needs access to message envelope)
>>
> My guess would be that the envelope is not available because this is sieve running in IMAP, not during delivery.
>
> If the From: header is also good, maybe try if address :is "from" "*" { .. }

Sounds right. There /is/ no envelope in  the on-disk copy of the mail.
The "from" line at the very top of the mail is _usually_ tere, and is a
copy of the envelope from, but it is not strictly defined to be
anything  in particular.  I see you are trying to down-case the
address-part of the from-line. Why not do that in the shell-script
"sa-learn-ham.sh" ?