remove duplicate emails

Jean-Max Reymond jmreymond at ik.me
Tue Apr 5 09:42:13 UTC 2022

Le 05/04/2022 à 09:16, Aki Tuomi a écrit :

>> On 04/04/2022 13:44 Jean-Max Reymond <jmreymond at ik.me> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> I have postfix running and sometimes and I have some duplicate emails
>> with the same Message-ID.
>> With dovecot sieve, I understand that duplicate option remove these
>> emails but I don't understand the configuration to apply.
>> Thanks for your tips,
>>

> Hi!
>
> you can remove existing duplicates with `doveadm deduplicate` command.
>
> Aki

Thanks for your answer but I want to delete from the incoming mail stream.

I have improved my configuration and now, I have

plugin {
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_default = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
   sieve_trace_debug = yes
   sieve_trace_dir = /var/log/sieve.log
}

and
# cat /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
require ["duplicate", "fileinto", "mailbox"];

if duplicate {
   fileinto :create "Trash/Duplicate";
}

but I have always duplicate emails.