Set up per user sieve rules

Austin Witmer austin96 at emypeople.net
Sun Apr 10 03:21:43 UTC 2022

Thanks Shawn for your reply. I am a novice at this as well!

I should clarify that I have my user database in PostgreSQL.

The maildirs are at /mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/austin

See below. What am I doing wrong?

austin at mail:/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/austin$ ls -la
total 176
drwx------ 11 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 03:13 .
drwx------  6 austin austin  4096 Apr  9 03:03 ..
drwx------  5 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 00:07 .Codeblocks
drwx------  5 austin austin  4096 Apr  9 16:52 .Drafts
drwx------  5 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 00:41 .Sent
drwx------  5 austin austin  4096 Apr  9 22:18 .Trash
lrwxrwxrwx  1 austin austin    18 Apr 10 03:13 .dovecot.sieve -> sieve/austin.sieve
drwx------  5 austin austin  4096 Apr  9 23:56 .test
drwx------  2 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 03:09 cur
-rw-------  1 austin austin    31 Apr  5 17:35 dovecot-keywords
-rw-------  1 austin austin  1631 Apr 10 03:08 dovecot-uidlist
-rw-------  1 austin austin     8 Apr  9 23:03 dovecot-uidvalidity
-r--r--r--  1 austin austin     0 Apr  3 23:14 dovecot-uidvalidity.624a2a76
-rw-------  1 austin austin  1040 Apr 10 03:03 dovecot.index
-rw-------  1 austin austin 25860 Apr 10 03:08 dovecot.index.cache
-rw-------  1 austin austin 10804 Apr 10 03:09 dovecot.index.log
-rw-------  1 austin austin 32852 Apr 10 00:05 dovecot.index.log.2
-rw-------  1 austin austin   888 Apr 10 00:04 dovecot.list.index
-rw-------  1 austin austin  1340 Apr 10 03:03 dovecot.list.index.log
-rw-------  1 austin austin  8292 Apr  9 23:56 dovecot.list.index.log.2
-rw-------  1 austin austin   120 Apr  9 23:03 dovecot.mailbox.log
-rw-------  1 austin austin     0 Apr  3 23:14 maildirfolder
drwx------  2 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 03:09 new
drwxrwxr-x  2 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 03:13 sieve
-rw-------  1 austin austin    39 Apr  9 23:03 subscriptions
drwx------  2 austin austin  4096 Apr 10 03:08 tmp

Can anyone else chip in here to help me out?

Thanks so much!

Austin Witmer