Bad Signature - Both Roundcube and Squirrelmail webmail cannot search for anything + cannot open many emails because there are more than 200, 000 emails in my Inbox

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue Apr 19 07:36:09 UTC 2022

> Gmail is *advertised* as working that way.
>
> In practice, though, Gmail used to exhibit search/browse bugs (e.g.
> failing to identify all relevant mails/threads) annoyingly often.  This
> was sometimes true via the official Gmail web interface, and was
> especially true via the official mobile app, on at least some platforms.

They are also losing/deleting messages. I have had several occassions where I send a message and my delivering server registered the Sent status of the gmail server and it just disappeared.

> In any case, for Dovecot, Joseph & Paul's advice to divide mail into
> folders where possible seems sensible - especially for access over IMAP.

I also made some cronjobs, sieve scripts that archive/move message the most used folders/mailboxes to archive/2021, archive/2020 etc.