replication fails with "Error: sync: Unknown user in remote" but user shows up in doveadm user "*"

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Thu Apr 21 16:00:42 UTC 2022

Hello,

I've been trying to replicate a production server (debian buster,
dovecot 2.3.4.1). But I nothing is actually being replicated and for
each attempted user the message "Error: sync: Unknown user in remote" is
being logged.

The ldap settings are actually the same on both server (source and
destnation) and the "unknown user" is actually showing up in doveadm
user "*" on the destination server.

I had already replicated 2 servers and used the same settings. Am I
missing something obvious here?

Thanks,

Arnaud

--