auth between postfix and dovecot?

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Sat Apr 23 15:28:21 UTC 2022

On 4/23/2022 9:07 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> With this Postfix configuration you do not make use of LMTP delivery.

Interesting.  I thought it was using LMTP but it looks like master.cf
has it running /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda to deliver. Would LMTP be a
better option? It has always worked, so I didn't look at it very closely.

I thought I had something in the postfix/dovecot combination using LMTP,
but it looks like I was wrong about that.  The communication between
postfix and mailman3 running in docker containers (which is a very
recent addition) uses LMTP.

Thanks,
Shawn