no full syncs after upgrading to dovecot 2.3.18

Arnaud Abélard arnaud.abelard at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Apr 24 14:22:51 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am working on replicating a server (and adding compression on the
other side) and since I had "Error: dsync I/O has stalled, no activity
for 600 seconds (version not received)" errors I upgraded both source
and destination server with the latest 2.3 version (2.3.18). While
before the upgrade all the 15 replication connections were busy after
upgrading dovecot replicator dsync-status shows that most of the time
nothing is being replicated at all. I can see some brief replications
that last, but 99,9% of the time nothing is happening at all.

I have a replication_full_sync_interval of 12 hours but I have thousands
of users with their last full sync over 90 hours ago.

"doveadm replicator status" also shows that i have over 35,000 queued
full resync requests, but no sync, high or low queued requests so why
aren't the full requests occuring?

There are no errors in the logs.

Thanks,

Arnaud