Doveadm Move Query

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:49:29 UTC 2022

I have a production Dovecot problem and although I searched the mailing
lists, I could not find an answer and I hope you can give me a quick
answer/pointer in the right direction.

I have mails for a user (user at domain.net) under /var/spool/mail/virtual/
domain.net/user  and I want to move ALL the mails to
/var/spool/mail/virtual/domain.com/user

If I use

#doveadm -Dv move -u user at domain.net  Maildir:/var/spool/mail/virtual/
domain.net/user  Maildir:/var/spool/mail/virtual/domain.com/user ALL

I get
doveadm(root): Fatal: Unknown argument MAILDIR:/var/spool/mail/virtual/
domain.com/user

if I use
#doveadm -Dv move -u user at domain.net  Maildir:/var/spool/mail/virtual/
domain.net/user  /var/spool/mail/virtual/domain.com/user ALL

doveadm(root): Fatal: Unknown argument  /var/spool/mail/virtual/
domain.com/user

What the hell am I doing wrong!? :)

Thanks.

Simon