Replication not working - GUIDs conflict - will be merged later

Christian Mack christian.mack at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Aug 3 12:01:38 UTC 2022

Hello

Am 02.08.22 um 20:24 schrieb Gerald Galster:

>> (we're using maildir, so I can just rsync the individual mails/folders)
>
> I'm curious if anybody experienced this issue using mdbox.
> As far as I remember it's better suited for replication as filenames
> and location do not change on disk (index only).

Yes, we occationally got those errors too with mdbox format.
Usually the user renamed or moved one of the system folders like INBOX,
Sent etc.
Then dovecot was faster in recreating it again, than replicating that
change to the standby machine.
Therefore it can not create the same folder again on the replica.

This will not be fixed automatically.
You have to check that all emails are on the original machine, then
remove that account from the replica and sync.

Kind regards,
Christian Mack

--
Christian Mack