pre-define or alter list of IMAP keywords

spi spi at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Aug 11 08:26:52 UTC 2022

Am 11.08.22 um 10:03 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

>>> Maybe you should consider fixing this issue in FairMail instead? There is no supported way to manage keywords at this moment. Modifying the actual IMAP responses is very hard.
>>>
>>> Aki
>>
>> Am trying... But still there is the issue with the difference of keywords actually used in the mails and the ones in the index file. I had to delete the index files to reset that list - and I don't like deleting the index files on sdbox.
>> Is there a way to fix or circumvent that?
>>

>> Can you show examples of this? All clients should only use the ones provided over IMAP connection, not what the index files contain.
>>
>> Aki

Currently there are some mails in my inbox.

'doveadm -f flow -v fetch -u spi 'flags uid' mailbox Inbox' shows

flags=\Seen uid=3
flags=\Seen $Forwarded uid=4
flags=\Seen NonJunk 3_warten uid=5
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=6
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=7
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=8
flags=\Seen uid=9
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=10
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=11
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=12
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=13
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=14
flags=\Seen NonJunk uid=15
flags=\Answered \Seen uid=18
flags=\Seen uid=28
flags=\Seen uid=29
flags=\Seen NonJunk 3_warten uid=102

My client receives from dovecot the following list:

b select inbox
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft NonJunk $Forwarded
3_warten 1_aktuell 2_projekt 4_irgendwann)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft NonJunk
$Forwarded 3_warten 1_aktuell 2_projekt 4_irgendwann \*)] Flags permitted.

Please seaa for the [1-4]_.* keywords - only 3_warten is used in the
inbox, but dovecot sends more. I had even a longer list, that's why I
deleted the index files.

To deal with that there are two options - a fixed list on the client
with the disadvantage of missing new keywords.

A defined list on the server - with the downside of the user being
unable to add new keywords.

So I thing both are somehow needed - a current list sent by dovecot and
pre-defined list omm the client.

--
Cheers
spi