convert mdbox to maildir

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Sat Aug 13 19:08:41 UTC 2022

*My* inbox gets filled with thousands of emails, more or less commercial content and trivial notifications from shopping online, and postfix crashes and will not accept new messages if the file "/var/mail/justina" becomes too large.

Configuring postfix to deliver the mail to "~/Maildir" solved that problem.

I still need to configure a sieve or a filter or some nicer mechanism to clear out messages that are either outright spam or too old or no longer of interest to me.