Permission denied UNIX perms appear ok (ACL/MAC wrong?))

spi spi at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Aug 30 19:41:25 UTC 2022

Am 30.08.22 um 20:43 schrieb Austin Witmer:
> I’m am still getting the errors I mentioned previously. Maybe half a
> dozen of them per day . . .
>
> So, the location of my mail storage
> (/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/%d/%n/) is a filesystem mounted
> by gocryptfs. Do you think gocryptfs could be at fault here?
>
> Austin Witmer

Before and after mounting: What are the mount folder's user/group
permissions? Who owns the mount folder (user/group)?

If you do a "stat
/mnt/volume1/mailserver/plain/maildir/domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log
<http://domain.com/user/dovecot.index.log>" as the user dovecot is
running as (from your mail I see austin owns that file - is dovecot run
as user austin?) - do you also get an error?

If you do get an error - could you create a small encrypted fs and mount
it to another folder, create a file there and check again for "stat
file"? Play with the permissions and user/group assignments. Still
getting an error?

--
Cheers
spi