moving messages between namespaces go into purge

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Wed Dec 7 09:33:24 UTC 2022

I am aware of this, and I am aware that I should use the purge only for optimizing iops use. But currently I purge every 2 months or so, so it is easier to use this to recover with an accidental delete.

If then on the server an archive runs that moves messages, it is annoying that these messages are also ending up with the users expunged mail. Because you can't differentiate between the messages that were moved by 'the server' and the one a user expunged.

If a command such as this had an extra flag '-direct' doing a direct purge

doveadm move -u $account Archive/$year mailbox "$mbox" SENTBEFORE $nyear-01-01 SENTSINCE $year-01-01

It has been a while since I made these scripts. Is it possible to get a list of unique id's of the moved messages and then do a purge on those unique id's only?