Backups

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Sun Dec 11 18:39:52 UTC 2022

On 12/11/22 01:42, John Tulp wrote:
> sorry, no clue.  i did find this link quickly...
>
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/quota/
>
> looks like the following section near the bottom of page may apply ?
>
> "Maximum Saved Mail Size"

I was looking into this on my server.  My config has the 100MB value,
which came from dovecot defaults as I did not set it. Looks like none of
the messages in my install is that big ... "find /var/vmail -size +99M"
returns nothing.  I have a configured limit in postfix of 50MB, so I am
probably never going to exceed the dovecot limit.

Looking over that link, I see the "quota_vsizes" option.  I was unable
to find anything about this other than "Indicates that the quota plugin
should use virtual sizes rather than physical sizes when calculating
message sizes."  Can anyone tell me what that actually means in simple
terms?  There is no info that I could find about how it actually
calculates the virtual size.

Thanks,
Shawn