Self hosting solution for Christmas

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue Dec 27 10:24:42 UTC 2022

> Here my present for Christmas: a new version of HomeBox, the self hosted
> email solution.
>
> Feel free to drop comments, create issues, update the docs, etc.
>
> I released this quickly before going on vacation, so you may find some
> issues. However, this is mostly stable, and the code is easy to modify.

That is why one should not be interested to much risk of lacking future support. What if your wife gets pregnant and there is no update/release for 9 months? ;) Obviously I admire such open source efforts.
It is just such a pity to see so many projects initiated seemingly without first trying to bundle forces. This is especially visible in crm all these individual projects are 'shitty', I do not get why none of them try and work together to create a few good ones.

I used to always state that there is only one real distribution you could use, and that is the centos one. Basically because you could always buy a redhat license and get the support of a billion dollar company (now even IBM), but with their stream direction this all becomes questionable. However most projects do not even have an argument other than 'this is the distribution I know'.

The only long term alternative I see, is using containers that hardly have any os dependency and behave more like micro services. So you focus on the direct updates of suppliers.