Lucene support for FTS - EOL date.

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Mon Feb 7 07:44:52 UTC 2022

Il 06/02/22 18:16, Robert L Mathews ha scritto:
> On 2/6/22 12:05 AM, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
>> I'm testing it and is almost "ready for production".
>
> Out of interest, why "almost"? Can you share what problems you've
> encountered with it?

Since is not mark as "stable" you cannot know if somethings will be
changed with the next commit, you must built it from git and rebuild
dovecot from source in order to add some feature (icu, stemmer, textcat)
that are not present in the official repo.

More, in my test is not clear how will be big the "fts-flatcurve"
database directory, with the latest dovecot (2.3.18) and fts-flatcurve
the xapian database is more than double of the Maildir/ and I don't know
why (I'm testing with an old xapian 1.4, I will try to upgrade it).

I found some issue during the switch from fts-solr to fts-flatcurve that
require to delete some dovecot.* file in order to restore the correct
result in the SEARCH.

I have not understand if Virtual mailboxes works fine.

So ready for a small environment where you can delete all dovecot index
files is something is not clear/working fine but not ready for a
medium/large environment where you need, for example, a well defined
procedure for migration from one fts plugin to another.

But I'm still testing it and I hope to see a stable version for it as
soon as possible.

--
Alessio Cecchi
Postmaster @http://www.qboxmail.it