mail-crypt and mbox format

cincodemayo_67 at yahoo.com cincodemayo_67 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 19:29:24 UTC 2022

 Thank you for confirming. That was the conclusion I came to, particularly after seeing the structure of Maildir mailboxes and how the individual messages were encrypted. Clearly it would be difficult to do the same with an unlimited number of messages stored in a single file.

A followup question if I may. I probably should just start another thread, but, how difficult is it to convert to Maildir? Any gotchas? Any differences in how to manage the server? How effective is the mb2md? Not looking for a cookbook, just an opinion on whether it is worth converting.
We've used mbox format going back before CentOS 5, so change is hard.
Environment is CentOS 7, Dovecot, Sendmail, Pigeonhole, MailScanner, Mailwatch SQL, Thunderbird clients.

Thanks,Doug