Backup procedures

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 04:25:29 UTC 2022

I've had some success with restic to create incremental backups of mail directories on external storage. Very space efficient, and restic will handle all the de-duplication, pruning etc.

You could write a filter to exclude the dovecot index files, or just restore to a different directory before copying the mails you want back to their destination.

P.