Sv: dovecot mailing list (this mailing list), DKIM, SPF and DMARC

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Sat Feb 12 11:05:03 UTC 2022

On 11.02.2022 16:31, Marc wrote:

>>    Problem is, I need to unpack each of them to be sure, that these are
>> false positives and I'm afraid, that it could lower reputation of my mail
>> server IP address with major providers (like Google Mail).
>>

> How can you get a lower reputation? Afaik dmarc is just signing your outgoing messages.
  DKIM is signing of headers. DMARC is policy (like "This domain must sign all messages with DKIM, no exceptions, and has strict SFP") and reporting mechanism for other hosts ("We get mail from you and this message violates declared policy of your domain").

  As I get these reports, it means that messages from "my domain" (really, forwarded by mailing list software) violate policies set by my domain. It means, my domain is compromised somehow.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov