dovecot mailing list (this mailing list), DKIM, SPF and DMARC

Chris Bennett chris-dvcot at freedomforlife.rocks
Wed Feb 16 17:22:33 UTC 2022

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 12:58:03PM +0100, Sebastian Nielsen wrote:
> Thats a TLD ban. Meaning *.ru is banned.
>
> same applies for my domain for example, I ban *.xyz, *.date and a few others.

I don't understand at all why banning tld is reasonable.
I'm not rich. I buy .rocks and .xyz
.rocks really works well with the domain name.
.xyz is short, memorable and easy to type.

I can't afford to buy domain names that cost $200 a year to purchase.
.com .net .info , etc. have run out of the names I wish to use.

I have never ever sent a single spam email, but you would block my
emails? Bluntly said, but without malice, that attitude favors the rich
over the poor. I refuse to trust the BIG guys. My dad uses yahoo and
gets emails yanked away while he is reading it.

Also, I can't find a server company that has IP blocks that are clean
enough. I truly wish I could.

There are many other methods to block spam.
IMHO, blocking by tld is a bit harsh.

But you have the right to do whatever method you wish.
I will only point out my thoughts. SPAM sucks! :-)

--
Chris Bennett