/usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil crashes immediately

James list at xdrv.uk
Mon Feb 21 10:45:12 UTC 2022

On 08/02/2022 20:04, Friedrich Kink wrote:

> I built a dovecot package for openindiana (which is a Solaris
> derivative) from latest version 2.3.18. Everything compiles and builds
> fine without any issue. Even subsequent installation and startup of main
> dovecot process works as expected. But execution of
> /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil immediately crashes.

I can't see what is wrong from your trace.  You might get more help on
the OpenIndiana mailing list.

I run dovecot on OmniOS (also a Solaris / illuminos derivative) without
problem.  I wonder why you are running dovecot on openindiana which is
focused for desktop use; why not use OmniOS for a server?  Your choice
but you could run OpenIndiana global with a bhyve zone running OmniOS.

James.