postfix, dovecot-lda, /run/dovecot/stats-writer socket permission and local user delivery, again

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Feb 22 14:34:39 UTC 2022

22.02.2022 10:49, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> The most simple fix which usually works is
>
> service stats {
>    unix_listener stats-writer {
>      mode = 0666
>    }
> }

Yes, that obviously works, and this is what I ended up with, for now.
My question was more about how it is SUPPOSED to be set up.  It is
restricted for a reason. For example, it'd be nice to have it chgrp
to users, - but postfix does not do initgroups() so this wont work.

And the more interesting question is why sgid dovecot-lda does not
work, why it tries to setUID (to wrong value!) when it gets sticky
bit?

Thanks,

/mjt