Build with MySQL -> libmysqlclient not found

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Sat Feb 26 20:22:47 UTC 2022

On February 26, 2022 9:07:12 AM AKST, John Stoffel <john at stoffel.org> wrote:
>Dimitri> My Dovecot version: 2.3.18
>Dimitri> My Mariadb version: 10.6.5
>Dimitri> My OS: Ubuntu 20.04
>
>Why aren't you just using the Ubuntu 20.04 packaged version instead?

That's the beauty of free and open source software. We want to know how it's compiled and exactly what it depends on. And if we can't do it ourselves, then a lot of us amateurs feel like it's getting a little bit too closed-source and corporate for our purposes, or somehow more complicated than it needs to be. In which case we're looking for an alternative or a fork of the project with a legal license.

>Also, did you install the headers for libmysqlclient properly as
>well?
>
>What does /test/core/mariadb/includes/ or
>/test/core/includes/... show?

These are probably very good questions or problem-solving suggestions for "Dimitri."