Enable push notifications for all users

Felix Ingram f.ingram at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:06:27 UTC 2022

> On 5 Jan 2022, at 23:34, Felix Ingram <f.ingram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to enable push notifications for all users, rather than having to enable them one by one?
>
> My thinking was to set mail_attribute_dict to a static file but I can’t work out what I would need to put in it.
>
> (I’ve now realised that that will not allow me to have other attributes to be different per user, but that’s not a real issue with my use case)
>
> If a flat file isn’t the answer, then is a SQL dict my best bet?

I’ve switched to using a SQL dictionary for the mail attributes (via a proxy dictionary, as that seems required) but dovecot isn’t performing any lookups. The logs are saying that the key isn’t mapped, and it looks like it needs a user-specific part of the key to be included.

My current map:

map {
  pattern = private/vendor/vendor.dovecot/http-notify
  table = mailbox
  username_field = username
  value_field = username
}

Is there a way to work around this? My issue is that I’m creating users on the fly and therefore they won’t exist until their first mail arrives. I’m thinking that I’m going to need to call out to the doveadm API in order to set the attribute. Does that sound doable?

Thanks in advance,

Felix

P.S. Apologies if replying to myself is messing up the thread.