Enable push notifications for all users

Felix Ingram f.ingram at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:54:50 UTC 2022

> On 6 Jan 2022, at 17:27, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> wrote:
>

>> On 06/01/2022 01:34 Felix Ingram <f.ingram at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there a way to enable push notifications for all users, rather than having to enable them one by one?
>>
>> My thinking was to set mail_attribute_dict to a static file but I can’t work out what I would need to put in it.
>>
>> (I’ve now realised that that will not allow me to have other attributes to be different per user, but that’s not a real issue with my use case)
>>
>> If a flat file isn’t the answer, then is a SQL dict my best bet?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Felix
>
> This is pretty driver dependant thing. Which driver are you using? Push notifications are always enabled when push notification plugin is loaded with a driver, it is up to the driver to send those.

Thanks Aki,

I was using the Ox driver as then I can talk directly to my web API but it was complaining that the mailbox needed to have IMAP Attributes enabled. I thought this was the case for all drivers but it appears that I can use the Lua driver without having attributes enabled, so I’ve recreated the web request in Lua and that seems to be working.

Hopefully I’m not missing some key difference between the two.

Regards,

Felix