banning

dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de dc-ml at dvl.werbittewas.de
Sat Jan 8 17:17:45 UTC 2022

Am 08.01.22 um 17:22 schrieb Dave McGuire:

>   I wasn't asking for a critique of my configuration; I explained my
> approach to a new user who came here looking for help.

huh?

well, I don't think that anyone wanted to say anything about _your_
configuration, but wanted to supplement, that your configuration is
maybe good for _your_ systems, but other systems may need other approaches.

especially if answering to someone, who experiences new things and
asking for help, it should be normal, that someone even pick answers
from others and supplement things from their own view.

this has nothing to do with blaming the author of the answer, but should
show the asking person, that the answer given maybe incomplete (not
wrong!) for the concrete situation, because it only shows a single view
to a problem.

>   Which is the last time I'll do THAT on this list, by the way.

this would be bad in my opinion.

we're all doing something within our own world and if we have the
possibility to look at other worlds and how people solve problems there,
the knowlegde gets better and even if then someone asks us in a private
situation with no additonal listeners, we can refer to solutions, which
are different from our own one.

at least newbies should see: there's nearly nowhere one answer.

d.