Order of loading and checking userdb on Ubuntu

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Sun Jan 16 16:00:17 UTC 2022

BTW, I THINK the right answer is just to set

auth_username_format = %Ln

in 20-lmtp.conf to make it look like this:

protocol lmtp {
   # this postmaster_address entry is required???  Saw that in a much
older post
   postmaster_address = postmaster at mydomain.com
   # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global mail_plugins).
   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
   auth_username_format = %Ln
   info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lmtp.log
}

Just want to make sure that it will only affect lmtp.

Mike