silly quesiton

steph.mag220 at netcourrier.com steph.mag220 at netcourrier.com
Mon Jan 24 19:06:32 UTC 2022

Hi,

Up to now, I used PAM of each user in order to send and receive email. ( BTW, sending email, a use authentication was required and we used the login and passwd of the user on the system

Now, for dovecot, I start to use MD5 passwrd.. and that sounds to be OK

auth_mechanisms = plain login cram-md5

passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  # Path for passwd-file. Also set the default password scheme.
  args = scheme=cram-md5 /etc/cram-md5.pwd
}

But changing the passwrd for the user1..  he can retrieve emails from dovecot, but cannot send anymore, because sending emails kept the old passwrd. ( using the PAM)

1) How can I says sendmail to use the same passwd file ( with MD5) than dovecot ?

2) Ideally, I would like to create virtual users for the same mailbox  Is that possible ?

like 2 files Users and PAsswrds pointing out the mailbox : maildir :/home/mailbox/user1

ex :

user1 at foo.com  passwrd1  /home/mailbox/generic_mails

and

user2 passwrd2  home/mailbox/generic_mails

How can I do that ?

Thanks for your help