Is multi factor authentication practical/feasible?

Paul Kudla (SCOM.CA Internet Services Inc.) paul at scom.ca
Sun Jul 3 14:40:34 UTC 2022

Please note this is my opinion only

It seems any kind of dual auth will need a security app running on YOUR
server saving toikens, logins etc etc

this is what lead to microsoft, gmail etc having their own api which
will only work for them

this is also (mainly because of https authing the device) what makes it
hard to proxy oauth2 etc

If you look at sogo's documentation they have a java server applet

Still working on the install to make work with my system but in general
you need your own whatever app to track oauth2

5.7. Authenticating using C.A.S.
SOGo natively supports C.A.S. authentication. For activating C.A.S.
authentication you need first
to make sure that the SOGoAuthenticationType setting is set to cas,
SOGoXSRFValidationEnabled is
set to NO and that the SOGoCASServiceURL setting is configured
appropriately.

I myself will eventually get around to implimenting this on one of my
servers ?

logically i will have to track tokens etc via https like google etc

basically the reality is every server will have it's own token base etc
thus preventing any kind of a standard.

Happy Sunday !!!
Thanks - paul

Paul Kudla