[External] IMAP connection lost while sending mail

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri May 6 13:01:21 UTC 2022

On 5/6/2022 3:53 AM, Philipp Ewald wrote:

> we have a strange problem.
>
> Costumer use Outlook to connect to our IMAP and SMTP Server.
> While sending Mails Outlooks reports connection lost. In Mail log
> there is no reason logged or something else.
>
> What i dont understand is that IMAP lose connetion while using SMTP.
> Outlloks reports problem by moving mails into Send dir.
>
> Is that a Outlook problem?
>
> i have enables debug logging and cant see any reason :(
>
> Network was already testet.

Morning Philipp,

I would do a couple of things to troubleshoot:

1 - Time it. Is it hitting a specific time and giving up?

2 - Does the email have any specific content?

3 - Do they have anything like A/V software that might be acting to try
and proxy / scan the email?

4 - Try putting thunderbird on the same machine for the same account
with the same email.  Does that work?

Regards,

KAM