How to use mail_user_session_finished? (was Re: [Dovecot-news] Dovecot v2.3.19 released)

Sylvain Robitaille sag at encs.concordia.ca
Thu May 12 14:13:25 UTC 2022

On Thu, 12 May 2022, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> If we read the documentation, we learn that the
> mail_user_session_finished is an event.

Yes, that much I had understood.

> To export events, we use
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/event_export/
>
> so.
>
> event_exporter log {
>  format = json
>  format_args = time-rfc3339
>  transport = log
> }
>
> metric mail_user_session {
>  filter = event=mail_user_session_finished
>  exporter = log
> }

Ah-ha ... I figured I must have been missing somethiing.  Thank you.

> p.s. you can use `doveconf -n` to get single output of your spread
> configuration.

Well, I do apologize for not having thought to look for such an option.
I'm just so used to examining the files themselves.  I think you've
given me exactly what I was missing, and I appreciate that.

Sylvain Robitaille                               syl at encs.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS                            Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science   Montreal, Quebec, Canada