Shared mailboxes, users with dots and a bug in subscriptions

Tobias Stein tobias_stein at rockstable.it
Tue May 17 06:08:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

So a workaround would involve the migration from the flat to an hierarchical LAYOUT=fs,
change the hierarchy separator to „/‟ and the namespace separator to a rarely used symbol
like „§‟. Okay, that actually sounds like a nightmare to me.

> But this would not resolve the actual bug, that subscriptions
> are not split and persisted correctly.
> In the end i would just be forced to use :LAYOUT=fs
> to mitigate the bug, even if i like the flat layout. :-)

What do you think about accepting the miss-behaviour and fixing the splitting function in
"subscription-file.c" ? :-D

Best regards
Tobias
--
Rockstable IT UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Löhrstr. 19

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leipzig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB 36289
Geschäftsführer: Tobias Stein
USt-IdNr.: DE324059204
https://www.rockstable.it/

Free Software Foundation Europe - Was ist Freie Software?
https://fsfe.org/freesoftware/freesoftware.de.html
Public Money? Public Code!
https://publiccode.eu/de/