Can sync/migrate all mail from remote imap account except the main "INBOX"

Sami Ketola sami at ketola.io
Tue May 17 15:01:39 UTC 2022

> On 13. May 2022, at 22.17, Darren Mobley <decker at n3t.net> wrote:
> May 13 13:28:17 dsync(saywhatnow at letest.tld <mailto:saywhatnow at letest.tld>): Debug: brain M: Local mailbox tree: INBOX guid=980aa92b41a37e62cd0f0000537c03e1 uid_validity=1652466497
> May 13 13:28:17 dsync(saywhatnow at letest.tld <mailto:saywhatnow at letest.tld>): Debug: brain S: Local mailbox tree: INBOX.INBOX guid=00000000000000000000000000000000 uid_validity=0

So your remote has INBOX and INBOX.INBOX. This is quite special case for imapc connector and cannot be solved easily. I did hit this once at a customer when I was doing migrations for them.
This was few years a go and unfortunately I cannot remember how the problem was solved. I remember that it required TWO separate dsync runs to migrate INBOX separately and remaining folders in another run.
I wrote a workaround to the migration framework to monitor the migration logs and then apply workarounds if end user and this strange INBOX.INBOX setup.

Unfortunately that is all I can remember about it and I've since left Open Xchange and do not have an access to my old migration toolkit bits and command line documentations.

Sami