Preventing deletion of mails in some directories?

Phillip Odam phillip.odam at nitorgroup.com
Tue May 17 23:18:16 UTC 2022

Hi Phil

Have you taken a look at dovecot’s namespaces?
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/shared_mailboxes/public_shared/

No idea personally, just searched for it now based on your question.

When you mention chattr I assume you’re referring to setting the immutable
bit / flag eg. https://www.tecmint.com/chattr-command-examples/amp/

Only reason I can off the top of my head think this wouldn’t work is that
the file system type you’re using doesn’t support it.

A third option would be to dual mount the file system, second time in
readonly mode and use a second instance of dovecot to point at the second
location... just a tad yuck

Phillip