FTS Solr -- no commit on message delete

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Wed May 18 14:24:24 UTC 2022

I've been chasing down oddities in behavior related to FTS Solr for a
while now.

First the part that isn't a problem with dovecot:  In cases where
message deletes bypass the Trash folder (such as shift-delete and normal
workflow with the Drafts and Sent folders), Thunderbird does not inform
Dovecot about the change in a way that causes Dovecot to delete the
entries from Solr. When you completely exit Thunderbird, it then sends
something to dovecot that results in the messages being deleted from Solr.

Today I discovered a related problem that I think IS in Dovecot.  I did
a shift-delete on some messages, and then exited Thunderbird.  Dovecot
did delete the messages from Solr, but it did not send a commit to make
those changes affect subsequent searches.

Is this something worth opening a bug?  Where would I do that?

Thanks,
Shawn