Message attachments, relocated with Tbird in Dovecot maildir store, not openable; reversible by moving BACK to inbox?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:45:50 UTC 2022

On 5/18/22 4:23 PM, Joseph Tam wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2022, PGNet Dev wrote:
>
>> checking
>>
>>     ls -altr /tmp/pid-59993/SomeFile.pdf
>>         -r--------+ 1 pgnd pgnd   27 May 18 07:46 'SomeFile.pdf'
>
> This may or may not get you closer to the solution

After enabling the memory cache per prior suggestion, haven't had any more issue.  So far.

> but out of curiosity, what's
> in the 27 bytes worth of data?

Binary garbage of some sort.
In this failure case, it _is_ always exactly 27 bytes.

> And are those quotes really there?

Depends on whether the real filename had spaces in it, before I changed it to "SomeFile" ...
Doesn't matter what the filename is, in any case.