mail_replica in userdb?

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Sat May 21 23:32:38 UTC 2022

I seem to have got replication working from an older instance to a newer one (insofar as the data are present on the new box) that I’m looking to stand up to replace a newer box. In this case, nothing is configured to talk to the new machine yet, so the replication is unidirectional (old -> new).

However, I’m seeing an error like like this repeatedly in syslog:

2022-05-21T23:23:15.295252+00:00 basement-imap01 dovecot: doveadm(hile at coyhile.com): Error: sync: User has no mail_replica in userdb

What setting did I miss?

kdoveconf -n
# 2.3.7.2 (3c910f64b): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.7.2 ()
# OS: Linux 5.4.0-110-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
# Hostname: basement-imap01.coyhile.com
doveadm_password = # hidden, use -P to show it
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_privileged_group = mail
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
protocols = " imap lmtp"
service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }
  unix_listener replication-notify {
    mode = 0666
    user = vmail
  }
}
service doveadm {
  inet_listener {
    port = 12345
  }
  user = vmail
}
service replicator {
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
ssl_client_ca_dir = /etc/ssl/certs
ssl_dh = # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_key = # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
  override_fields = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/data/mail/vmail/%d/%n
}

Is that error something that I can (for the moment) ignore since I’m explicitly NOT trying to have this host replicate data anywhere, or do I need to tweak something?

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile at coyhile.com