mail_replica in userdb?

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Mon May 23 11:13:19 UTC 2022

> On May 23, 2022, at 3:20 AM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> wrote:
>

>> On 22/05/2022 02:32 Coy Hile <coy.hile at coyhile.com> wrote:
>>

>> I seem to have got replication working from an older instance to a newer one (insofar as the data are present on the new box) that I’m looking to stand up to replace a newer box. In this case, nothing is configured to talk to the new machine yet, so the replication is unidirectional (old -> new).
>>
>> However, I’m seeing an error like like this repeatedly in syslog:
>>
>> 2022-05-21T23:23:15.295252+00:00 basement-imap01 dovecot: doveadm(hile at coyhile.com): Error: sync: User has no mail_replica in userdb
>>
>> What setting did I miss?
>>

> plugin {
> mail_replica = <value here>
> }
>
> https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/plugin/replication-plugin/
>
> Aki

The way I read that, it configures a location to where a machine will replicate data. At present, I’m trying to turn up the new box slowly (haven’t yet configured LDA or appropriate TLS settings, for example), so my intent was that this host not replicate any of its data anywhere, yet.  Eventually, I’ll have data moving hostA <—> hostB bidirectionally.

Is the phased approach I was trying to take not something supported?

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile at coyhile.com